I originally wanted the title to say “Parenthood” but decided that it is the mother that is the crazier one and hence, changed it to “Motherhood”.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my little pumpkin so much and never felt that I walked down the wrong path. But it is nonetheless madness.
Also don’t get me wrong about my hubby. He chips in to look after the baby and house (and me) a lot and is still the best husband in the whole world…. but… ah well.
Why am I blogging today? Cos I had 1.5 days of vacation leave earlier and this is my 3rd day on leave. I have had the chance to avoid the hectic workday schedule to sufficiently rest not only my body but my mind as well. And obviously, my kid and husband are elsewhere, not needing my attention long enough for me to blog 2 posts in a row.
Why do I say that motherhood is crazy? Cos it simply is! People say that keeping my full time job will keep me sane. I don’t know… i feel insane anyway!!! There is TOTALLY no “me time”. Totally. At work… it’s about work. At home, it’s about baby. Free time? Only when I take vacation leave and still leave my baby at parents’. But in actual fact, most of my vacation leave is used for baby Dr visits or to catch up with housework.
What else drives me crazy? My husband’s definition of DANGER for baby is different from mine (or probably not part of his vocab at all). He says “if everything in the whole world is dangerous” (his paraphrase of my words), our baby need not do anything in life. He says it so coolly and matter-if-factly and with this… this… stage-presence gesture of his one arm and baby in the other arm… it drives me madder.
Please help me be my judge if my words to my dear husband are true/false:
- Don’t throw her up in the air in our home – she is growing taller (and getting closer to the low ceiling AND ceiling fan).
- Never rub your stubbly unshaven chin on her tender baby skin. It hurts even on my old thickened skin.
- Never give your kids small items to play.
- CATCH HER if you can when she is about to fall!
- Don’t give her tissue paper to eat!!
- Never give your kids plastic bags or the likes to play with!!! And yes, that includes pocket-sized tissue paper packets!!!!
- Don’t let her watch violent movies!!!!!
- Don’t bring her shopping for violent games!!!!!!!
Motherhood. It’s crazy!!!!